National Mining Museum Scotland is a 5 star visitor attraction with plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy!
Our ex-miner led guided tours are particularly recommended for our family visitors and while you explore the Lady Victoria Colliery and our two floors of permanent exhibitions families can also enjoy:
- Cat Spotter Trail – collect your free activity when you arrive and try and find all of the Colliery Cats hidden around the Museum! Remember to collect your prize from Reception when you finish
- Victorian Wash Day – located in the Race Apart exhibition – dress up as a Victorian and see what life was like doing the laundry before washing machines and tumble dryers!
- Object Spotter Sheet – collect your object spotter sheet when you arrive and try to find all of the objects in the display cases in both exhibition floors
- Maths for Miners – this outdoor trail takes you around the outside of the colliery as you solve the maths puzzles along the way
- Outdoor Playpark and Picnic Area
- Summer Programme – we run annual summer family fun days
- COMING SOON – Green Zone – an interactive exhibition and play zone all about engineering and renewable energy
Please see our What’s On page, below, for more information on our family events taking place throughout the year.